Emancipet is a dynamic, growing animal welfare organization.
Current openings include:
Job Title: Philanthropy Services Specialist
Does the idea of gathering, organizing, and analyzing data make you as excited as taking a selfie of you winning a million dollars? If so, keep reading.
Emancipet is seeking a talented individual to join our Philanthropy Team as the Philanthropy Services Specialist (PSS). The PSS will ensure a transformative giving experience for Emancipet’s donors through:
- the timely processing of gifts received at Emancipet’s seven local branches and the national office
- promptly acknowledging gifts
- ensuring that all donor and gift information is accurate and up to date
The PSS will interact professionally with donors, sponsors, and board members along with Emancipet staff. The PSS will be a key player in helping to grow Emancipet’s fundraising by assisting with prospect research and creating audience lists for direct-mail, email, and other fundraising campaigns.
Who We Are
Emancipet is on a mission to provide affordable and accessible veterinary care to all pet owners. We fill this mission by:
- Opening and operating clinics in underserved communities
- Training other clinics and animal-welfare organizations in how to increase their capacity, impact, and sustainability
- Advocating for strategies and public policy that improve the lives of pets in underserved communities.
Where We Are
Since 1999, we have safely spayed or neutered more than 300,000 dogs and cats. In 2017, we will care for more than 100,000 pets at low or no cost to their owners in Austin, Pflugerville, Killeen, Houston, and Philadelphia. And we are still on the move!
Is It You?
You may be our ideal Philanthropy Services Specialist if you meet the requirements listed below and if:
- On game night, you miss the two-minute warning because you are looking for the missing puzzle piece.
- You love graphs, diagrams, and flow charts — and not just for the pictures.
- Unlike most people whose eyes glaze over when they see a spreadsheet, you have a gift for running numbers and building beautiful, accurate spreadsheets.
- You would have absolutely no problem focusing on the task at hand in an open office with frequent four-legged visitors.
- You appreciate Emancipet’s mission, core values, and culture.
- A detail-oriented professional with experience in nonprofit data and gift management
- One-year minimum experience in Luminate CRM, or Raiser’s Edge, preferred but other donation management software applications will be considered
- Bonus points for experience with Luminate Online
- An understanding of fundraising best practices and principles
- Competency in all Microsoft office products
- Stellar time-management and communications skills
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends in support of fundraising events.
Send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest to Cyndi Hughes, Director of Philanthropy,, at [email protected]. Applications without cover letters will not be considered for the position.
Emancipet is an equal opportunity employer. Position is open until filled. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with awesomeness … and this position requires someone really awesome!
Job Title: Branch Manager
Who We Are
Emancipet is a nonprofit on a mission to make high-quality spay/neuter and veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners. We manage an expanding national network of high-quality, low-cost clinics; offer customized training and consulting programs to animal welfare organizations nationwide; and advocate for strategies and public policy that improve the lives of pets in underserved communities. Since 1999, Emancipet has spayed or neutered nearly 250,000 dogs and cats and, in 2016, cared for more than 100,000 pets.
Why We Do It
We believe that every pet owner loves their pets and wants what is best for them. But we know that sometimes spay/neuter, preventative care, dental work, specialized surgeries, and heartworm treatments are financially out of reach and inaccessible in some communities. We believe that making veterinary care more affordable and accessible improves the lives of animals and the people who love them…. We’re here for love.
Where We Are
The Central Texas region of Emancipet is composed of five clinics located in Austin, Pflugerville, and Killeen including a mobile clinic that travels to five counties in the region. In January of 2016, Emancipet and Animal Trustees of Austin completed a merger in order to expand the types of services provided at Emancipet clinics like heartworm treatments and specialized surgeries. The merger has already resulted in a doubling of heartworm treatments to more than 500 per year at a maximum cost of $500 (complete) for even the largest of dogs. Currently, these special services are provided at our Central Austin Branch, which will move in October to a brand new 4,000sq-ft retail location at the intersection of US-183 and Interstate 35. The new clinic will have six exam rooms, three surgery tables, digital radiographs, an isolation ward, and full-service dental equipment including dental radiographs. This clinic will continue to develop high-quality, high-volume medical modules for services that put families at high risk of surrendering their pets for financial reasons.
Who We Need
We are seeking a Branch Manager to operate Emancipet’s Central Austin Branch, which provides healthy pet services (vaccinations, anti-parasitics, physical exams, basic tests), spay/neuter, dental procedures, heartworm treatments, and specialized surgeries (e.g., amputations, cystotomies, enucleations, mass removals, etc.). The Branch Manager is responsible for making sure the clinic meets Emancipet’s bottom-lines of quality medical care, financial sustainability, and transformative service in a way that promotes our core values of teaching & learning, excellence, compassionate service, and optimism. Responsibilities will include directly or indirectly supervising more than ten veterinary technicians; managing inventory; monitoring the budget; ensuring staff are following Emancipet’s SOP’s; and hiring, training, coaching, and engaging employees. The Branch Manager will report to a Director of Operations and work with branch managers at other Emancipet clinics, a large team of veterinarians, the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operating Officer, accounting department, and resource/call center to resolve issues, increase efficiencies, ensure high quality care, and provide transformative experiences for staff and clients.
Our ideal candidate has a deep, personal passion for our mission and is committed to serving the people and pets of the Central Texas area. The candidate will have a demonstrated record of servant leadership, maintaining high employee engagement, and focusing on employee strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. The candidate is detail oriented, innovative, and adept at developing new protocols and services. Candidates should have experience working as a veterinary technician and a minimum of three years supervising large teams in any professional field. Experience working as a technician in a full-service, emergency, or specialty veterinary practice is desirable.
Is It You?
There’s a chance you may be our ideal Branch Manager if you meet the description above, and if:
- You love the art and science of managing people – nothing makes you happier than seeing someone you manage exceed your expectations (and their own)!
- The circus ran away to join you – the people around you are compelled to follow your ideas and vision.
- You won the World Series of Poker with a deck of UNO cards – you are the ultimate optimist and believe any challenge has a solution.
- You start writing invitations to your cinco de mayo party on el primero de enero – you think far ahead with attention to who needs to be involved and when.
- You challenged yourself to a staring contest in the bathroom mirror… and won three days later – you are resilient and never give-up.
- Your a stickler for detail, and you’ve already noticed the mistake in this sentence.
- You once went to a psychic… to warn her – you anticipate problems before they happen and fix them.
Send your resume and a very detailed cover letter explaining your interest to Shondrea James, Director of Operations for Emancipet Central Texas, at [email protected]. Applications without cover letters will not be considered for the position. Relocation assistance is available.
Note: Emancipet is an equal opportunity employer. Position is open until filled. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with awesomeness… and this position requires someone really awesome!
Job Title: HQHVSN Surgeon and/or Preventive Care Veterinarian
Who We Need
We are seeking an awe-inspiring Veterinarian who will serve as a HQHSVN surgeon and/or a preventative care Veterinarian in our Philadelphia area clinic.
We are a nonprofit on a mission to make high-quality spay/neuter and veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners. We are seekinga Veterinarian who will fulfill our mission and will experience true joy in doing so.
Emancipet Veterinarians are responsible for sharing medical information with clients with compassion and empathy and developing professional, friendly, and mutually-beneficial relationships with local veterinarians, promoting Emancipet and our mission within the veterinary community.
Candidates must have a DVM and be eligible to obtain a license to practice veterinary medicine in Pennsylvania as well as be eligible to obtain a DEA license. A servant heart and a great sense of humor also required. Our days and hours of operation reflect the needs of our clients, so Saturdays and some early evenings will be required.
Is It You?
There’s a chance you may be our ideal veterinarian if you meet the description above, and if:
- Your nickname is the Energizer Bunny because after a long day of helping 50+ families and their pets, you still have the energy to hit the town with your friends
- You have a bunch of gross pictures on your phone (of surgeries!) that you can only share with other veterinarians
- The only thing you take seriously is the responsibility to serve others, and after that nothing is more important than a good laugh, even at yourself
- Even though you often find yourself teaching others, you live to learn more and geek out on JAVMA articles
- You would love to be part of a team that has fun every day, and considers medical excellence is a bottom line
- You can’t wait for this posting to end so you can hurry up and apply
Submit your resume & a detailed cover letter. Not in Philly? That’s ok! We’re always interested in awe-inspiring veterinarians, so don’t be shy, go ahead and apply!