Emancipet is a dynamic, growing animal welfare organization.
Current openings include:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable/Payable Associate
The Accounts Receivable/Payable (AR/AP) function provides administrative, accounting, and Salesforce support for all branch locations to meet Emancipet’s Bottom Lines of high quality medical care, transformative customer service and sustainable finance. What does this mean to you? The AR/AP position will need to have a solid understanding of the Emancipet’s key programs and some of our more complex financial information and accounting needs. The emphasis for this position will be on the revenue cycle and Accounts Receivable, but the person will play a supporting role for Accounts Payable. The AR/AP Associate’s time will be spent transforming a high volume of Salesforce transactions data into beautiful accounting records. Our ideal AR/AP Associate must have a minimum of two years of experience in an accounting or finance position and a High School Diploma or GED required, Associate degree or College Degree preferred. You must be an advanced Excel user!
Is It You?
There’s a chance you may be our ideal candidate if you meet the description above, and if:
- You love Excel and you truly love Excel!
- You are so detailed oriented that your closet is organized by color, size and season, but you can cross reference it by date of purchase.
- You love it when friends come over and move your books or records around because you get to re-alphabetize when they leave.
- You are such a numbers cruncher that your ideal Sunday morning consists of curling up on your couch with a cup of coffee and the NY Times Sudoku Puzzle.
- You are a great communicator…you can just as easily explain to your 3 year old niece why the sky is blue as you can explain to your fellow peers the importance of checks and balances.
- You are so together, that you compiled an Excel database of your family tree, and PivotTabled your way through each member’s history at the family reunion.
Send a very detailed cover letter and resume to: Gary Phillips, Director of Finance and Accounting, email@example.com
Job Title: Part-Time HR Coordinator
Do you love dogs? Do you love cats? Do you love the people they come with?
If so, Emancipet’s HR department is looking for a part-time HR Coordinator
The HR Coordinator will help Emancipet grow in a variety of ways. Besides exuding extreme organizational skills while focusing on transformative customer service, the right person will:
- Compile and update employee records (digital and paper copies)
- Produce offer letters; set-up new hires and terminate employees in various software systems
- Provide benefit administration for new hire enrollments, open enrollment and on-going changes throughout the year
- File and organize while continuing to file and organize and then file and organize
- Exposure to Human Resources’ best practices and policies
- Knowledge of I-9 compliance and other HR regulations
- Emotional maturity
- Demonstrates sound judgment, integrity and professionalism in all transactions, including communicating and working with confidential and sensitive information
- Resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently
- Intermediate efficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe as well as E-form creation
Who We Are
Emancipet is on a mission to provide affordable and accessible veterinary care to every pet owner. We fill this mission by:
- opening and operating Pet Clinics in underserved communities
- training other clinics and animal welfare organizations how to increase their capacity, impact, & sustainability
- advocating for policies that make veterinary care more affordable and accessible
Where We Are
Since 1999, we have safely spayed or neutered nearly 275,000 dogs and cats and in 2017 will care for more than 100,000 pets at low or no cost to their owners. Our growth plans have resulted in openings in Pflugerville, Killeen, Houston, TX and Philadelphia, PA. And we are still on the move.
What About You?
Besides meeting the criteria outlined above, the following describes you:
- You continuously find something (more) that can be done (better) even though everyone else is heading to Happy Hour, or the gym, or the park
- Your nickname is Detail
- You lose sleep contemplating why one of the Tupperware bottom has no lid
- Your actions demonstrate HR is not a four letter word, but an essential, fun part of any organization
What Do You Do Now?
Apply! Please send a resume and cover letter to HR@emancipet.com. Position is 20 hours per week at $15.75-$16.75 per hour. Flexible and remote hours available.
Job Title: Branch Manager
Who We Are
Emancipet is a nonprofit on a mission to make high-quality spay/neuter and veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners. We manage an expanding national network of high-quality, low-cost clinics; offer customized training and consulting programs to animal welfare organizations nationwide; and advocate for strategies and public policy that improve the lives of pets in underserved communities. Since 1999, Emancipet has spayed or neutered nearly 250,000 dogs and cats and, in 2016, cared for more than 100,000 pets.
Why We Do It
We believe that every pet owner loves their pets and wants what is best for them. But we know that sometimes spay/neuter, preventative care, dental work, specialized surgeries, and heartworm treatments are financially out of reach and inaccessible in some communities. We believe that making veterinary care more affordable and accessible improves the lives of animals and the people who love them…. We’re here for love.
Where We Are
The Central Texas region of Emancipet is composed of five clinics located in Austin, Pflugerville, and Killeen including a mobile clinic that travels to five counties in the region. In January of 2016, Emancipet and Animal Trustees of Austin completed a merger in order to expand the types of services provided at Emancipet clinics like heartworm treatments and specialized surgeries. The merger has already resulted in a doubling of heartworm treatments to more than 500 per year at a maximum cost of $500 (complete) for even the largest of dogs. Currently, these special services are provided at our Central Austin Branch, which will move in October to a brand new 4,000sq-ft retail location at the intersection of US-183 and Interstate 35. The new clinic will have six exam rooms, three surgery tables, digital radiographs, an isolation ward, and full-service dental equipment including dental radiographs. This clinic will continue to develop high-quality, high-volume medical modules for services that put families at high risk of surrendering their pets for financial reasons.
Who We Need
We are seeking a Branch Manager to operate Emancipet’s Central Austin Branch, which provides healthy pet services (vaccinations, anti-parasitics, physical exams, basic tests), spay/neuter, dental procedures, heartworm treatments, and specialized surgeries (e.g., amputations, cystotomies, enucleations, mass removals, etc.). The Branch Manager is responsible for making sure the clinic meets Emancipet’s bottom-lines of quality medical care, financial sustainability, and transformative service in a way that promotes our core values of teaching & learning, excellence, compassionate service, and optimism. Responsibilities will include directly or indirectly supervising more than ten veterinary technicians; managing inventory; monitoring the budget; ensuring staff are following Emancipet’s SOP’s; and hiring, training, coaching, and engaging employees. The Branch Manager will report to a Director of Operations and work with branch managers at other Emancipet clinics, a large team of veterinarians, the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operating Officer, accounting department, and resource/call center to resolve issues, increase efficiencies, ensure high quality care, and provide transformative experiences for staff and clients.
Our ideal candidate has a deep, personal passion for our mission and is committed to serving the people and pets of the Central Texas area. The candidate will have a demonstrated record of servant leadership, maintaining high employee engagement, and focusing on employee strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. The candidate is detail oriented, innovative, and adept at developing new protocols and services. Candidates should have experience working as a veterinary technician and a minimum of three years supervising large teams in any professional field. Experience working as a technician in a full-service, emergency, or specialty veterinary practice is desirable.
Is It You?
There’s a chance you may be our ideal Branch Manager if you meet the description above, and if:
- You love the art and science of managing people – nothing makes you happier than seeing someone you manage exceed your expectations (and their own)!
- The circus ran away to join you – the people around you are compelled to follow your ideas and vision.
- You won the World Series of Poker with a deck of UNO cards – you are the ultimate optimist and believe any challenge has a solution.
- You start writing invitations to your cinco de mayo party on el primero de enero – you think far ahead with attention to who needs to be involved and when.
- You challenged yourself to a staring contest in the bathroom mirror… and won three days later – you are resilient and never give-up.
- Your a stickler for detail, and you’ve already noticed the mistake in this sentence.
- You once went to a psychic… to warn her – you anticipate problems before they happen and fix them.
Send your resume and a very detailed cover letter explaining your interest to Shondrea James, Director of Operations for Emancipet Central Texas, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered for the position. Relocation assistance is available.
Note: Emancipet is an equal opportunity employer. Position is open until filled. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with awesomeness… and this position requires someone really awesome!
Job Title: HQHVSN Surgeon and/or Preventive Care Veterinarian
Who We Need
We are seeking a veterinarian who will serve as a HQHVSN Surgeon and/or Preventive Care Veterinarian at our Austin area clinics. Our HQHVSN surgeons are responsible for the comfort and safety of all surgical patients in their care at Emancipet and for performing high-volume spay/neuter surgery in accordance with our high quality standards and SOPs. Our Preventive Care Veterinarians provide well pet services to our patients. All Emancipet Veterinarians are responsible for sharing medical information with clients with compassion and empathy and developing professional, friendly, and mutually-beneficial relationships with local veterinarians, promoting Emancipet and our mission within the veterinary community.
Our ideal Veterinarian has a deep, personal passion for our mission, is committed to serving the people and pets of the Central Texas area, and is an outstanding communicator. Candidates must have, at a minimum, a DVM and be eligible to obtain a license to practice veterinary medicine in Texas and eligible to obtain a DEA license. At least one year of experience as a high volume spay/neuter surgeon (25-30 surgeries per five-hour shift) is preferred. Training is available, however, for candidates with a strong desire and aptitude to become successful high volume surgeons and who demonstrate an outstanding culture fit. Working exclusively in preventive care is also a possibility. Our days and hours of operation reflect the needs of our clients, so Saturdays and some early evenings will be required.
Is It You?
There’s a chance you may be our ideal veterinarian if you meet the description above, and if:
Even though you often find yourself teaching others, you live to learn more and geek out on JAVMA articles
- After a long day of helping 50+ families and their pets, you still have the energy to hit the town with your friends
- You have a bunch of gross pictures on your phone (of surgeries!) that you can only share with other veterinarians
- You don’t take life (or yourself) too seriously and are quick to laugh!
- You would love to be part of a team that has fun every day,
butand considers medical excellence is a bottom line
Submit your resume & a detailed cover letter.