Financial AidSpay/NeuterPreventive Care
Free sterilization (spaying and neutering) for pets who live in the city of Austin and Travis County is available at Emancipet’s Mobile Clinic on designated “Free Days.” These services are for clients who cannot afford the low-cost options available at the East Austin clinic. All surgeries are provided by Emancipet’s team of licensed veterinarians. Funding for this program is provided by the City of Austin/Travis County Animal Services and private donations to Emancipet. To find out where the Mobile Clinic is located, please view the schedule here. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards at all locations. Please note that these services are not available for rescue groups or shelters.
No appointment is required for these services. All clients will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis, and admission cannot be guaranteed. Please arrive early for the best chance of getting in.
Guidelines for free day clients
- Bring your pet for check-in no later than 8 a.m. These services are first-come, first-serve, and some people begin showing up as early as 5:30 a.m. to get a spot in line. If you have a large dog (more than 40 pounds), a female animal, or multiple animals, we recommend arriving even earlier due to limited space.
- The Mobile Clinic will arrive onsite by 8 a.m. An Emancipet veterinary technician will be onsite beginning at 7 a.m. to log clients’ names on a sign-up sheet and answer questions about our services.
- Your pet must be on a leash or in a secure carrier.
- No more than three pets per person per visit.
- Do not feed your pet breakfast the morning of surgery; all food should be withheld starting at midnight the night before. Water is allowed; do not withhold water from your pet.
- Pick your pet up between 5 and 5:30 p.m. on the same day.
Additional services by a licensed veterinarian are also available on Free Days. Some of these services are offered at no charge, including rabies vaccinations and microchipping. For information about additional services offered for a low cost, click here.