City of Austin “Free Days” Program
We are proud to work with the City of Austin to provide “Free Days” to Travis County residents. Please look through the information below to find out more program and service information!
About The Services We Offer
Free sterilization (spaying and neutering) for pets who live in the city of Austin and Travis County is available at Emancipet’s Mobile Clinic on designated “Free Days.” These services are for clients who cannot afford the low-cost options available at the East Austin clinic. All surgeries are provided by Emancipet’s team of licensed veterinarians. Funding for this program is provided by the City of Austin/Travis County Animal Services and private donations to Emancipet. To find out where the Mobile Clinic is located, please view the schedule here. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards at all locations. Please note that these services are not available for rescue groups or shelters.
No appointment is required for these services. All clients are admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis by a forming a line when staff arrive onsite and set up at approximately 6 a.m. (please arrive no earlier than 6 a.m., as clinic locations may be closed until that time.) Admission cannot be guaranteed, as it is due to a number of factors including the weight of the animal and the number and sizes of kennels on the mobile.
Guidelines for free day clients
- These services are first-come, first-serve. An Emancipet veterinary technician will be onsite at 6 a.m. to log clients’ names on a sign-up sheet and answer questions about our services, and if we have room for your pet, it will be loaded on the Mobile clinic once it arrives at the clinic site.
- Your pet must be on a leash or in a secure carrier.
- No more than three pets per person per visit.
- Do not feed your pet breakfast the morning of surgery; all food should be withheld starting at midnight the night before. Water is allowed; do not withhold water from your pet.
- Pick your pet up between 5 and 5:30 p.m. on the same day.
Additional services by a licensed veterinarian are also available on Free Days. Some of these services are offered at no charge, including rabies vaccinations and microchipping. For information about additional services offered for a low cost, click here.