The Role Our Resource Center Plays
Our Resource Center is the glue to the entire Emancipet operation. They are the team on the front lines, helping our clients day in and day out. If you can’t tell, they are rockstars in our organization.
Our Resource Center Specialists work in a (fun!) call center answering calls, emails and chats for all our clinics and communities – responding to a variety of questions, booking appointments, ensuring our pets receive care, and serving as a general resource for people to help their pets! It’s completely normal to have cats and dogs run by your desk, so when we say fun… we mean it!
If you’re interested in becoming an Emancipet Resource Center Specialist, please note that all interested applicants must first RSVP to attend one of our Info Sessions.
Part Time Booking Specialists Needed!
Who We Need
Emancipet’s Resource Center (RC) is the beating heart of our day-to-day operations. Resource Center Agents schedule appointments, fulfill records requests, field inquiries, and serve as the first point of contact for hundreds of thousands of clients and prospective clients each year. Working from our call center in Austin, TX (though remotely until further notice), our Resource Center Booking Specialists will work as part of the RC team to achieve Emancipet’s bottom lines of high-quality medical care, transformative experiences, and sustainable finance. Specialists will fulfill client record requests and schedule/reschedule appointments while delivering exceptional customer service in each and every interaction.
Is It You?
You may be our ideal Resource Center Booking Specialist if you meet the description above, and if:
- You are so friendly that you have never met a stranger
- You never go anywhere without your Bluetooth headset – growing up you could talk on the phone for hours on end
- Telemarketers regret calling you ‘cause you’re more than happy to chat with strangers about what’s on their mind
- You think pets are great and the people who love them even greater
- You are a great communicator who can give directions to places you have never visited (seriously – we’ve got clinics in Houston and Philadelphia, PA!)
- When it comes to grades, a B+ (or in our case, anything less than a 90% customer satisfaction rate) just isn’t good enough
- Providing clients with key information to ensure they are well-prepared for their visit and to set clinic staff up for success
- Booking and rescheduling appointments for Emancipet clients
- Pulling and emailing client records promptly and accurately
- Creating an awesome first impression of Emancipet by warming interacting with and engaging our clients and potential clients
- Learning and using our veterinary clinic management software
- Meeting personal/team metrics (both in terms of quality and quantity)
- Additional duties as assigned
- A belief that people love their pets and will do what is best for them when given the opportunity
- Able to work Monday through Saturday, between then hours of 10am – 6pm
- Access to a reliable internet connection to support a clear online phone connection
- Strong listen skills and the ability to speak clearly, concisely, and with compassion
- Must be customer focused and able to quickly adapt to different personality types
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Access to reliable transportation to/from Emancipet HQ (upon return to in person work)
- High school diploma or GED
- Love for pets – and for the people connected to them!
- Up to a 20 hour work week
- Position is hybrid: remote/in-office. We are flexible and would start all candidates as remote due to COVID-19 safety protocols
- $162 of veterinary benefits accrued over the year to any of our Emancipet clinics (can be used personally or by friends/family)
All interested applicants must attend a virtual information session before being considered for employment. Why? We want to make sure you know what you’re signing up for before we get to the part with resumes. We want to make sure we’re a great match for you!
If you’re interested in attending one of our info sessions, please apply here and we will inform you when we schedule our next info session. Thanks!