- This event has passed.
Free Day: Spay/Neuter (Travis County Residents Only) – Roy G. Guerrero Park – Austin, TX
May 27 @ 6:00 am – 5:00 pm
TRAVIS COUNTY OR CITY OF AUSTIN RESIDENTS ONLY
Our Free Day veterinary services are only available to the City of Austin or Travis County residents. We will ask for your address to confirm you are a City of Austin or Travis Country resident. Funding for this program is provided by the City of Austin/Travis County Animal Services and private donations to Emancipet. Please note that these services are not available for rescue groups or shelters.
How It Works
- MORNING OF SIGN-IN PROCESS: Surgery is provided on a first come, first served basis and is not guaranteed. Emancipet staff will arrive on site at approximately 6am, and ask clients to form a line and sign in at that time. Only Emancipet staff members will sign in clients and form a sign in list. Any sign in lists made by clients or volunteers will not be accepted. If we have room for your pet, it will be loaded on the Mobile clinic once it arrives at the clinic site.
- LEASH/CARRIER: Your pet must be on a leash or in a secure carrier.
- PET LIMIT: No more than three pets per person per visit.
- FERAL CAT NOTICE: Unfortunately, we cannot service feral cats at our Free Day Mobile Clinic event. If you have a trapped feral that you would like to spay/neuter, please call Emancipet at 512-587-7729, follow the phone prompts to book a spay/neuter appointment, and one of our Resource Center Specialists can review options with you.
- LARGE DOGS: We love our large dog patients, but due to their size and the limited number of large kennels on our mobile clinic, we tend to run out of large kennels quickly, and, in cases of extra-large dogs, our kennels may not be big enough to accommodate them for surgery safely. However, there is good news! If we are unable to intake your large dog for surgery, our Mobile team will give you a voucher that you can use to call and schedule a free spay/neuter surgery at one of our standing Austin clinics. We appreciate your understanding.
- FEEDING: Do not feed your pet breakfast the morning of surgery; all food should be withheld starting at midnight the night before. Water is allowed; do not withhold water from your pet.
- PICK-UP:You will receive a text message with your pick-up time. Pick-up times are rarely later than 5pm.
- COST: FREE for Travis County residents only
- HOW TO SCHEDULE: Our Free Spay Neuter services are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, but you must be a Travis County resident. Services consist of a rabies vaccination performed at the time of your pet’s spay or neuter surgery. Emancipet’s Mobile Free Spay Neuter program is operated under contract with the City of Austin.
We promise to always do our best to keep prices as low as possible and to keep price lists as up-to-date as possible. We ask for your understanding if and when it becomes necessary to change or increase prices. We also ask for your patience as it may occasionally take a few days or longer to update our materials so that they reflect our most current pricing.