- This event has passed.
Practicing Leadership Seminar
Practicing Leadership: Creating & Holding Space for Success
About this Seminar
Leadership is a literal lynchpin; the wheels of an organization are all but certain to fall off without it. But what is leadership? Most of us have been sold on inspirational, natural-born, and visionary “leaders.” But what if you’re not a gifted orator, charismatic extrovert, or someone with a mystical gift for seeing the future? Does that exclude you from the practice of leadership? Join us for two content-packed days for an answer to that question, to sharpen your mind and skills, and to increase your impact.
You’ll complete and explore two individual assessments (one personality-based, one behavior-based) and discuss how to define problems and manage change more effectively. You’ll articulate what it is you value most (personally) and investigate a game-changing framework for practicing leadership.
As a participant, you will leave with new insights into your own potential – ready to tackle messy problems, transform your organization, and navigate the risks of taking action to make the world a better place.
After two days together, participants will have:
- Considered their motivations and desired learning for the two-day session
- Defined the term “organizational culture”
- Discussed the differences between technical and adaptive work and the unique characteristics of each
- Explored the adaptive leadership framework and compared it to conventional understandings of leadership
- Reflected on the 4 Needs of Followers and identified strategies to meet them
- Investigated the nature of change and its relationship to loss
- Thought about and articulated their own personal core values
- Explored their Top 5 Strengths and the 4 Domains of Strengths-Based Leadership
- Identified their dominant conflict mode(s) and considered the merits and disadvantages of each mode
- Rumbled with the reality and impact of implicit biases
- Engaged their colleagues in thoughtful and productive dialogue
This seminar is intended for individuals interested in developing skills and exploring concepts to practice leadership and increase their impact on the people, organization, and community with and in which they work.
If any of these sound familiar, this might be the seminar for you:
- You’ve struggled to resolve seemingly straightforward challenges that have repeatedly resisted your efforts.
- You’re ready to make the leap from plain old management to real live leadership.
- You believe the role of a “leader” is to support people in a shared effort to have a positive impact.
- You believe in the power of hope to inspire action and transform the world.