Who’s it for?
Any pet that is determined by our veterinarians to have an injury or condition that can be treated surgically.
How much does it cost?
We provide a limited range of surgical treatments including:
- Abscesses (draining and treatment of infected wounds)
- Laceration repair (“stitches” for cuts and wounds)
- Amputation (removal of a toe, tail, ear, front or rear limb)
- Mass removal (removal of cancerous and non-cancerous tumors, masses, and lumps)
- Hernia repair (surgery to close a hole in the wall of the abdomen)
- Splenectomy (removal of the spleen)***
- Aural hematoma (surgery to reduce swelling of the outer ear)
- Pinna amputation (removal of the outer ear)
- Cherry Eye (surgery to correct a prolapse of the gland of the 3rd eyelid)
- Entropion (surgery to correct inward turning of the eyelid)
- Enucleation (eye removal)
- Vulvoplasty (surgery to remove excess tissue folding around the vulva)
- Pyometra (surgery to remove an infected uterus) - see also urgent care
- Dystocia - see also urgent care
- Spay/Neuter (surgery to remove reproductive organs) (available at all clinic locations) - see also Spay/Neuter
- Foreign body removal (surgical removal of ingested items from stomach or intestines)
- Gastropexy (surgical procedure to prevent bloat in large breed dogs)***
***The Splenectomy and the Gastropexy procedures are only performed at our Norwood Park clinic.
This service is available at the following locations:
Schedule a Consultation
Pet lovers are our biggest fans. Read about their experiences with Emancipet.